Required to prepare a visual presentation using key concepts and theories drawn from topics 1-9.
The task is to examine a case of a relationship in the hospitality and tourism industry where managers and employees work side by side. An example of a situation of this type may be the front desk work station in a hotel, housekeeping functions, or restaurant activity (e.g. where the Chef and the Maître D' must co-ordinate their individual activities towards the customer to ensure service is delivered as expected). Critically evaluate a chosen relationship and creatively apply concepts regarding operational service excellence to enhance the overall quality of the service, to benefit the business and to improve customer satisfaction.
It is important to remain mindful of the product or services' target market to ensure that the business continues to meet market demand. (Use Hospitality and Tourism related examples; including the Airline, Hotel, Food & Beverage or other businesses as an example). the presentation should include:
1. Shows knowledge of relevant management theory
2. Evidence of critical thinking in preparing
3. Clearly takes into account the intended audience
4. Draw on relevant learning from weekly lectures and readings
5. The arguments presented are incisive and include a concise, relevant treatment of the issues.
The ideas put forward are consistent with the question and critically analyses the topic