- Understand the nature of naturally occurring data and how this can be objectively analysed to inform your practice and influence your behaviour
- Analyse and discuss how the structure and characteristics of organisations can influence and constrain managers and their decision making
- Identify the range of organisational stakeholders and explain how managers can manage effective relationships with them to motivate, manage and lead them to a preferred decision outcome
- Apply a range of techniques and strategies to communicate effectively to a culturally diverse range of stakeholders
company - Php billiton
Following from the first assignment, students will create a personal SWOT analysis and comment on their fit with the organisation identified in their first assignment submission. The second assignment should include:
- the use of three naturally occurring data (e.g. conversations, emails, corporate artefacts that regularly occur, etc.);
- assessment of personal strengths and weaknesses as viewed by self and others (ensure you reflect on who is giving you what feedback, how you appear to be progressing, and how you fit within the organisation where you work, or want to work);
- a critical assessment of how you are placed or misplaced within the chosen organisation; and
- a discussion of self-improvement for continuous improvement.
The report is to be limited to 2000 words, exclusive of formal document sections, citations, tables and graphs.
There are a number of forms the report could take. The exact form of the report will depend on the additional research the student will undertake; students should aim for the demonstration of deep learning, founded on reflection, rather than on getting any aspect of the brief ‘right.'
Students should commence this assignment early, keep regular backups and ensure they submit the correct, final version. Students should use this brief as the instruction set for the assignment requirements. Additionally, the rubric below can be used to describe what unacceptable, functional, proficient, advanced and exceptional assignments might look like according to the criteria in the leftmost column of each row.
As this is a Masters level subject, students are expected to engage with high-quality academic journal articles, using the Torrens University Library. Textbooks, Wikipedia and, in general, anything that can be obtained through an open Google search page are considered supplementary material, unbecoming of a postgraduate.