Each group is required to prepare a report on organisational performance of the allocated company. The report should, at a minimum, include the following components:
- Assignment Cover page clearly stating the group's member names and student IDs
- Table of contents
- Executive summary
- A brief introduction of the report
- Body of the report with sections to answer the following sections and with appropriate section headings
- List of references
Diagrams and tables can be added if required.
All materials must be correctly referenced. Plagiarism will be severely penalised.
The main body of the report should include the following sections:
Evaluate the financial standing of the allocated company by:
- Analyse the profitability of the company by comparing current financial year's figures with the ones from previous financial year and competitors from the same industry
- Analyse cash flow statement to identify the company's financing/operating/investing activities.
- Evaluate the company's financial position by analysing the balance sheet
Calculate the following ratios for three financial years based on the information from annual Report. Briefly explain the results.
- Return on Assets
- Inventory Turnover
- Quick Ratio
- Price-Earnings Ratio
Based on the directors' report, explain how the management works for the best interest of the company. Ethical standards need to be mentioned. If you are an investor, are you going to invest on this company? Why or Why not?
The following issues should be considered in your analysis:
- Corporate governance statements and the practice of the integrity policy inside the business.
- Management's approach towards:
o Taking and managing business risks.
o Attitudes and actions toward financial reporting.
o Attitudes toward information processing and accounting functions and personnel.
- Business operations
- Investments and investment activities
- Financing and financing activities
- Industry size
- Major players/competitors
- Market shares of Industry players