Accommodation Management Assignment - Proposal
Assessment Description - Imagine that you have been appointed as a consultant for a global hotel chain and have been asked to develop a proposal for outsourcing some of the services within the hotel to reduce costs, and consider the use of external expertise. You are to develop this proposal for the board of senior management:
1. Select a department within the hotel and investigate it in depth.
2. Identify the roles, tasks and functions of the department, within the context of Accommodation Management and how these are managed.
3. Consider the role of the customer and the customer's needs related to this department and the steps the Accommodation Manager (of the department) takes to ensure the Hotel is meeting the customers' needs and creating a positive experience.
4. Finally, discuss whether outsourcing is a viable solution for this department. What are the benefits and the drawbacks of moving to an outsourced organisation/solution for this department?
5. Offer recommendations for moving forward.
Your proposal should consider a wide range of resources. You should research using all of these sources: Internet, library texts and educational journals to clarify your position. You should refer to material from at least 10 credible sources such as research books (not text), journal articles (online journal articles) and at web sites (general websites). Ibis world reports can also assist you in identifying hotel chain that may have outsourced departments and operations to others. Based on these readings, you should prepare an informed business proposal.