1. Briefly trace the development and growth of the organisation from its beginnings to the present through the application of corporate strategies - what types of strategies have these been?
2. There have been many criticisms of the business practices that company has pursued over the years. Describe TWO of these practices and outline the outcomes.
3. Perform an environmental analysis for the involvement of the organisation in the context of the industry it operates in - what are the main opportunities & threats?
4. Describe the organisational culture or leadership style within the organisation.
TASK 1 -
Research what strategies has been deployed by the company, and explain How? Why?
- Mission, vision, core competences
- Successful Strategies deployed in the past
- Current strategies
Warning - Do not focus on a general history of company.
Type of Strategies covered in the Lessons
- Contingency Approach ( Week 2)
- Growth Strategies (vertical / horizontal)
- M. Porter's Generic Strategies
- Emergent Strategies
- Strategic Partnership
Task 2 -
There have been many criticisms of the business practices that company has pursued in recent years. Describe TWO of these controversies and outline the outcomes.
- Focus on the past strategies / tactics which were criticised
- The criticisms may comes from various stake holders such as competitors, employees, customers, suppliers, communities and others such as, media journalist, industry experts, academic professionals etc.
Task 3 -
Perform an environmental analysis for the involvement of the organisation in the context of the industry, it operates in - what are the main opportunities & threats?
- General Environments (PESTEL) analysis
- Specific Environments analysis
- M. Porter's five force analysis
- Resource Based Model analysis
Students do not have to use all the tools, use tool(s) you think the most effective.
Task 4 -
Describe the organisational culture or leadership style within the organisation.
- Core values/ competencies of the company
- CEOs who inspired the employees, developed / implemented the strategies successfully and created the company's culture.
Report Structure -
1. Title page,
2. Executive summary,
3. Table of contents,
4. Suitable headings and subheadings,
6. Reference list (Harvard - Anglia style).
Typed using 12 pt Times New Roman or 11 pt Calibri fonts. Single line spacing.
Attachment:- Assignment File.rar