Assignment 3 - E-commerce Implementation Report & Prototype Website
Learning objectives and graduate skills tested
1. demonstrate an understanding of the key drivers and challenges faced by digital enterprises that include technology infrastructure, business processes, social media, consumer behaviour and global markets (Problem solving)
2. demonstrate the ability to research and critically evaluate e-commerce business models to gain an understanding of their business application for transforming digital enterprises (Academic, professional and digital literacy)
3. demonstrate the practical skills required to formulate and evaluate a coherent plan for a digital enterprise, develop a prototype business website based on this plan and document and critically evaluate the end-product (Problem solving).
4. demonstrate the ability to write effectively in a clear and concise manner in report style for senior management (Written and oral communication)
Assignment Specification -
Assignment 3 requires you to present a report to discuss implementation issues in the ecommerce management sector, including further extending your prototype website from Assignment 2 to facilitate e-commerce transactions based on the same online business category as in Assignment 2.
The name of company shall be RebelNepal.
Report: E-commerce Implementation
Report Structure and Presentation - Your report should include a title page, Table of Contents (including List of Tables and List of Figures if applicable) and Appendices.
Report Letter of Transmittal, Executive Summary and Introduction - Your report should include a letter of transmittal, executive summary, and introduction to the report.
Report Section 1 - Implementation Plan (approx. 750 words)
The systems development life cycle (SDLC) is a methodology to understand the business objectives of an information systems and to design an appropriate information systems. Using the SDLC methodology, construct an implementation plan for the e-commerce presence for your online business.
The SDLC for an e-commerce site involves five major steps: Systems analysis, systems design, building the system, testing the system and continuing maintenance of the system. As a planning report, please list how these steps will be performed for your e-commerce website with reference to the e-commerce strategy adopted in Assignment 2.
Report Section 2 - Social Marketing Campaign (approx. 750 words)
The social marketing process is a series of five steps or stages: fan acquisition, engagement, amplification, community, and finally brand strength or sales. Briefly explain the five steps and suggest how your website can assist during the five steps of social marketing campaign.
Report Section 3 - Privacy in Social Networks (approx. 750 words)
Your online website provides a link to social networks for better engagement with your customers. While such interactions are beneficial, your business is considering to adopt ethical ways to manage customer information on social networks.
Your business has decided to alert your existing customers regarding social network communication. You are asked to research why do social networks pose a unique problem to the issue of information privacy, and how might sharing personal information on a social site adversely affect a user? Your research findings will be emailed to your customers and hosted in your website.
Report Section 4 - Challenges in Online Retail (approx. 750 words)
Along with opportunities, there are unique challenges that online retailers face. Considering your online business category, describe three operational challenges that you may face, compared to offline business operations. Justify how each challenge is applicable to your business with an example.
Report: Conclusions and Recommendations to the Business (approx. 250 words)
Your report should include separate conclusions and recommendations sections.
- Conclusions provide a summary of your key findings from the body of the report.
- Recommendations provide a summary of the recommendations to your online business based on the implementation study conducted in the report.
Report: Referencing and Appropriateness of Sources
References are required and the Harvard AGPS standard of referencing must be used.
Checklist: Prototype Joomla! Website
Ensure you setup your Joomla! website and complete the activities as listed in the checklist document. Your Joomla! Website URL should be accessible for the marker to assess the activities undertaken as per the checklist document.
1. Overall Presentation & Functionality Enhancements
2. Product/ Service Catalogue
3. Shopping Cart/ Enquiry Form
4. Account Registration & Login
5. Checkout/ Order Processing & Payment
6. Discussion Forums/ Blog
Attachment:- Assignment Files.rar