Develop a marketing plan - Devise strategies and plan marketing tactics
In this assessment task, you are required to review and evaluate marketing opportunities for an organisation and develop marketing activities that reflect strategic directions of the organisation.
For the organisation outlined in the case study provided, identify two marketing opportunities and evaluate each opportunity for risks, strengths, weaknesses and alignment with organisational objectives. After you have reviewed the opportunities, select the best-fitting opportunity for the organisation and develop marketing strategies, approaches and activities to take advantage of the opportunity.
You are required to submit a report that addresses all of the elements listed in the procedure. The report should be structured using the headings below.
1. Develop an organisational overview that:
a. outlines the strategic direction and organisational objectives
b. outlines the current size, capabilities and resources of the organisation, including any notable strengths and weaknesses
c. identifies any gaps between the objectives and the current capabilities and resources.
1. Identify two marketing opportunities that meet the objectives, and evaluate the risks and benefits of each opportunity.
2. Recommend the opportunity that best addresses organisational objectives and:
a. develop a marketing mix strategy that fits within the capabilities and resources of the organisation
b. describe how your strategies align with the strategic direction of the organisation, and give justifications for your selection
c. detail a marketing performance review strategy using an appropriate tool (competitive analysis, life cycle model, value chain analysis, etc.) to review the performance of the organisation against marketing objectives
d. include the metrics to be used in measuring marketing performance.
1. Detail the tactics necessary to implement the strategy you have outlined, including:
a. scheduling of activities to enact the strategy
c. accountabilities and responsibilities
d. a plan for coordinating and monitoring scheduled activities, including KPIs.
2. Outline any legal and ethical requirements that impact on the selected tactics.
3. Describe how the tactics fit within identified organisational resources and capabilities.
This assessment can be completed in your own time, as you work through the related topics in either the Student Workbook, or under the guidance of the assessor.
The assessment is due at the completion of Section 2 of the Student Workbook unless another submission time/method is suggested by your assessor.
Check with your assessor whether it is appropriate to use a computer for the submission of the report (electronic), or if the assessor requires a hardcopy (printed) version.
You must provide:
- a report containing documents that support all of the instructions outlined in the procedure above.
Your assessor will be looking for whether you have:
- identified a suitable marketing opportunity
- conducted research to assess and analyse the market
- prepared a report outlining your marketing strategies to best take advantage of the identified market opportunities
- organised your report under the headings suggested in the procedure.
Adjustment for distance-based learners:
- No variation of the task is required.
- A follow-up interview may be required (at the discretion of the assessor).
- Documentation can be submitted electronically or posted in the mail.
Attachment:- Case study.rar