Develop a marketing plan - Prepare and present a marketing plan
In this assessment task, you are required to develop a presentation and written report describing your marketing strategies and activities, including clear descriptions of how your strategies reflect organisational objectives.
In this assessment task, you are required to review the strategies and tactics you devised in Assessment Task 1 and describe how they meet the requirements for the organisation. You also need to develop a presentation of your marketing strategies that outlines the strategies, your approaches and your reasoning for developing these. Your presentation should incorporate feedback from key stakeholders.
1. For the organisation outlined in the case study materials from Assessment Task 1, and using the strategies and tactics developed in Assessment Task 1, you will need to prepare a marketing plan using the headings below.
a. Executive summary - Provide an overview of the organisation and the plan, which simply states what is to be achieved.
b. SWOT analysis - Submit an overview of the organisation's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats(analysed in Assessment Task 1).
c. Marketing objectives - Include the objectives of the organisation (discussed in Assessment Task 1).
d. Strategies - Outline the marketing opportunity selected and strategies developed in Assessment Task 1.
Include your reasoning for the marketing mix decisions that you made and the strategies you selected, referring to the SWOT, risk and gap analyses undertaken.
e. Implementation - Provide an outline of the tactics devised for implementation in Assessment Task 1. You need to provide your reasoning for choosing these tactics, and outline the process for reviewing performance.
2. When you have finished writing your marketing plan, you need to:
a. liaise with your supervisor (your assessor) to arrange a suitable time and format for presentation
b. present the plan to key stakeholders (a group assembled by your supervisor) in the format specified by the assessor and at an agreed time
c. allow for feedback on the plan from stakeholders within your presentation.
3. During your presentation, you will need to ensure you demonstrate:
a. the appropriate communication skills to relate to a diverse range of people
b. theleadership skills to gain the trust and support of stakeholders for the plan you present.
4. After you have presented your report and incorporated feedback from key stakeholders, you need to revise and send your final written report to your supervisor (your assessor).
This assessment task can be completed in your own time as you work through the related topics in either the Student Workbook or under the guidance of the assessor.
The assessment will be due at the completion of Section 3 of the Student Workbook, unless otherwise advised by the assessor.
- submit and present amarketing plan that follows the instructions as set out in the procedure above.
Your assessor will be looking for whether you have:
- followed the instructions to develop a detailed marketing plan
- structured your plan according to the headings listed above
- sufficiently justified your selection of marketing strategies and implementation tactics
- allowed an opportunity to receive feedback during your presentation to key stakeholders
- demonstrated the communication skills to convey your message succinctly.
Adjustment for distance-based learners:
The presentation can be adjusted for distance learning. The presentation for this task cantake place with an online video conferencing tool, such as Skype.
Distance learning option 1: Assessor as observer
The learner can conduct the presentation as specified in the assessment task, but may need to adjust the way that the report is presented and how feedback is incorporated.
- The presentation can be varied to take place by Skype conference. If this is possible, the process followed does not need to be varied greatly.
- The student should email presentation material (PowerPoint slides) to the assessor prior to the presentation.
- Additional evidence (documents, photos and videos) may be required and can be sent electronically, but must conform to the format guidelines provided to student.
Distance learning option 2: Tape the presentation
The presentation may involve skills that are too active or complex for video conferencing. This might involve skills or demonstrations of complex tasks.
In this case, the candidate may be able to video the presentation and send it to the assessor.
The student should send presentation material (PowerPoint presentation) and any additional evidence together with the presentation to the assessor.