Implement change management strategy
You will demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to implement change management strategy.
Using the scenario information supplied, you will conduct an implementation review. You will then consult with a union representative and General Manager to receive input and develop a revised communication plan. You willaction the revised plan by delivering a 15-20 minute information session to employees. Finally, you will consider making final revisions to the communications plan and overall project plan and seek approval from the General Manager.
1. Review the simulated workplace information for Fast Track Couriers.
2. Following the communications planprovided in Appendix 4, develop a survey to gather feedback from employees.
3. Meet with a union representative (your assessor) to receive and discuss the results of the survey. Anticipate possible resistance by this stakeholder and promote your plans to gain acceptance. Ask for additional input to help you revise your change management communications strategy.
4. Draft revised communications planand overall project plan (from Assessment Task 2) in consideration of barriers identified through consultation process (with your assessor acting as a union representative) and those identified in risk analysis provided in Appendix 3. Highlight strategic elements in your plan that you will deploy to gain trust and acceptance of change. Ensure you consider the needs of all stakeholders to gain support for planned changes.
5. Meet with General Manager (assessor) to discuss ideas for revised communications plan and overall project plan based on feedback.
a. Discuss the needs of all stakeholders.
b. Discuss creative technique, activity or tactic you will use to gain trust and acceptance in the 15-20 minute information session you will deliver.
c. Ensure you anticipate possible resistance by this stakeholder and promote your plans to gain acceptance.
6. Develop a plan for a 15-20 minute information session for truckers. Include an outline of what activities you will be doing, how long you will be doing them, and how the activity will achieve the goal of employee acceptance of change process. Ensure you anticipate possible resistance from these stakeholders and plan to overcome resistance.
7. Deliver session to employees (your assessor/other people enlisted by the assessor to perform in the role of employees). Ensure you take a consultative approach to the session and invite participation, questions, input, etc. and ensure you incorporate a creative technique, activity or tactic in the session.
8. Make final revisions to your communications and overall project plans based on feedback and consultation (save these as separate documents to previous drafts). You may need to consider changes to communication activities, training activities, and rollout of changes. Consult with GM (assessor) to ensure changes are approved.
9. Submit all documents to your assessor as per the specifications below. Ensure you keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.
You must submit copies of:
- one survey
- drafts of communications and overall project plans to indicate review of plans(including highlighted strategic element/s)
- planning and support documents for your 15-20 minute information session (such asa plan for the session, PowerPoint presentation, handouts, and a creative activity for gaining trust and acceptance of change process).
Your assessor will be looking for how you:
- explain the change management process
- outline components of the change management project plan
- demonstrate knowledge of specific organisational requirementsfromthe scenario
- outline potential barriers to change fromthe scenario
- describe a range of techniques for embedding change and gaining trust
- demonstrate leadership skills to gain acceptance of plan and gain trust
- provide innovation skills to develop creative ways of getting people to accept change
- demonstrate planning and organising skills
- demonstrate problem-solving skills to respond to barriers to change
- develop project management skills to implement change management strategy
- demonstrate teamwork skills to consult with relevant groups for input
- useverbal communication skills to describe and promote change management plan.
Adjustment for distance-based learners
- No changes to the assessment procedure or specification are required.
- The consultation and presentation may be conducted via video or teleconferencing.
- Documentation may be submitted electronically.
- A follow-up interview may be required (at the discretion of the assessor).