Identify change requirements and opportunities
You will demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to identify change requirements for an organisation.
Using the scenario information supplied, you will identify strategic change needs, review existing policy, monitor trends in the external environment that impact on an organisation's objectives, identify operational change objectives, prioritise change requirements and consult experts or specialists to assist in identification of change requirements and opportunities. You will then write a report to management outlining the change requirements.
1. Review the scenario information provided (in the Appendix of this task) for Fast Track Couriers.
2. Prepare to write a report on change requirements for Fast Track by following steps 3-10 below.
3. Analyse the organisational objectives provided in the scenario to identify the following change requirements for Fast Track Couriers.
a. Identify requirements for change.
b. Prepare an explanation of how youridentified change needs to link to the organisation's strategic plan goal/s.
4. Review the organisation's current state to understand how the current policies, practices and operations deliver against the organisation's strategic goals.
Review the organisation's performance against objectives with regards to its:
b. policies and processes
5. Monitor external trends to identify events or trends which may impact on the achievement of the organisation's strategic plan goals.
a. Identify two external trends.
b. Develop an explanation of how the trends currently impact or will impact organisational objectives.
6. Identify major operational change requirements.
a. Identify changes due to performance gaps.
b. Identify changes due to business opportunities.
c. Identify changes due to threats.
d. Identify changes due to management decisions.
7. Identify specialists to be consulted to assist with identifying change needs.
a. Identify specialists you will engage to help identify change requirements,and be prepared to explain your reasons for engaging these specialists.
b. Identify what consulting model you would adopt to engage the specialists, and be prepared to explainwhy you would use this model.
8. Assume your assessor is a specialist/expert of the kind you have identified in step 7. Consult with your assessor to assist with identification of change management requirements and opportunities.
9. Identify the managers that need to be informed. Prepare a plan that identifies who, when and how stakeholder managers will be engaged to review and prioritise change requirements.
10. Assume your assessor is a manager you have identified. Consult with your assessor to review the changes you propose and to help you prioritise changes. Suggest and justify the priority you have assigned to each change you recommend.
11. Prepare a 3-4 page report detailing change requirements for the organisation. Include all of the information you identified and the explanations that you prepared in steps 3-10.
12. Submit all documents to your assessor as per the specifications below. Ensure you keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.
You must provide:
- one3-4-page report detailing change requirements for the simulated organisation.
Your assessor will be looking for:
- a 3-4-page report including all information identified in the procedure above
- how you use problem-solving skills to identify and analyse issues or barriers, and develop responses
- how you develop and incorporate new ideas into your report on change requirements
- planning skills to organise engagement with manager stakeholders and implement activities to achieve priorities and outcomes
- verbal communication skills to describe, support, and negotiate change requirements and priorities with stakeholders.
Adjustment for distance-based learners
- No changes to the assessment procedure or specification are required.
- Documentation may be submitted electronically.
- A follow-up interview may be required (at the discretion of the assessor).