To be deemed competent for this unit of competency, you are required to satisfactorily complete four (4) assessment tasks:
- Assessment Task 1: Establish team performance plan
- Assessment Task 2: Develop team cohesion and facilitate teamwork
- Assessment Task 3: Liaise with stakeholders
- Assessment Task 4: Embedding team process improvements
Your assessment will be required to be typed in Arial font size 12 only. You will provide your completed assessment for all of questions in one document and MUST be uploaded into MOODLE (No other method of submission will be accepted).
You are required to professionally format your document including spell-check and indicating each Task answer [e.g. Task 1 (a.) then the answer, Task 1 (b.) then the answer etc.] according to this Assignment requirement. You may lose marks if you have not spell-checked your document (as this is a professional formatting requirement, a business skill).
This assessment can be completed in one of several ways. Assessment candidates may identify unit requirement within their own work environment or organisation, or with reference to a scenario provided by the trainer/assessor.
Be sure to properly reference your sources of information using the Harvard referencing system. For more information go to:-
- Student Handbook - latest version
- Ask your Trainer/Assessor to provide you with this information
In order to determine if you are addressing this assignment adequately in terms of competency/comprehension (prior to due date) a draft copy of your assessment should be discussed during class time in consultation with your Trainer/Assessor. For this feedback/ support from your Trainer/Assessor, you will need to bring to class your "draft copy" with any evidence of the research you have conducted to produce the assessment.
If, as a student you feel you have special needs that require your Trainer/Assessor to apply a reasonable adjustment - please discuss this with your Trainer/Assessor at the beginning of the subject studies.
Your Assignment must:
a. Be of a professional standard (spelling, grammar, punctuation)
b. Size 12, Arial Font
c. 1.5 Spacing
d. All pages must have a Header/Footer with the following details:
o Student ID
o The course & unit of competency
o Page numbering
e. Title page
f. Index page
g. Body of work
How to upload your answered assessment into MOODLE
To upload your assignment into Moodle, follow these steps.
1. Log-in to Moodle and access the subject that you will be submitting the assignment in.
2. Locate the assessment you will be uploading into by scrolling down to the week that the assessment is due in and then click on the assessment submission link.
3. Click on the name of the assignment.
4. Click the Browse button.
5. Select the file and click Open.
6. Click the Upload this file button.
7. If you have more than one file, repeat the process (steps 4-6) to attach additional files up to the assignment's limit.
8. Once happy with your submission click the Send for marking button. The files are locked and the student can no longer delete, or upload more, files.
Note: The date and time of the submission is recorded when the files are sent for marking, not when they are first uploaded.
EMBEDDING TEAM PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
For this task, you will demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to develop policies and procedures that embed team improvement and communication processes into ongoing operations.
In response to a simulated business scenario, and your review of your first three assessment tasks you will design, implement and review a document which embeds team improvement processes into day to day operations.
1. Review the simulated workplace information for Apparel Brands Pty Ltd in Appendix 1.
2. Review your findings from Assessment 1, 2 and 3.
3. Consider how you could streamline future meetings and communications to better capture and identify performance related matters and encourage their tracking, timely resolution, and communications to all concerned.
4. Design a document template that can be used in team discussions to capture performance related issues, agreed or suggested specific resolutions and actions.
5. Ensure your document includes space to note all persons involved in the discussion, as well as all stakeholders whose input or signoff is required for implementation
6. Build in a capacity to clearly state the identified opportunities for improvement and actions required, the ‘What", those responsible, the ‘Who', and the timeframe, the ‘When'.
7. Build into your document space to capture the required target timeframes for each action and a process to ensure that the outcomes are communicated to all involved in the process.
8. Give your template the capacity to capture issues that remain unresolved or outstanding and identify steps required to resolve them.
9. Trial the template and processes you have designed, with a team, and save a version of the completed document.
Submit all documents to your assessor as per the specifications below. Ensure you keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.
You must submit:
1. a copy of the blank document template
2. a copy of the completed version of the template you have trialed
3. A brief report (approximately 300 words) on the trial that identifies any opportunities for improvement with the document and processes you have designed, including any feedback you received from others.
Your assessor will be looking for:
- communication skills to address team performance issues or conflict
- planning and organisational skills to keep team focused on work outcomes
- knowledge of group behaviour to build team cohesion
- knowledge of how to support team members to achieve goals through coaching, mentoring, training, etc.
- knowledge of resolution techniques or strategies.