Understanding People and Organisations
a) Understand the importance of self- awareness, emotional intelligence, and motivation.
c) Integrate strategies to effectively interact with others in a professional context.
d) Integrate strategies to effectively interact with others in a professional context.
e) Reflect on feedback to identify opportunities for self-improvement.
A key to self-directed learning is reflection. Reflection enables the ability to examine situations in order to better understand the surrounding context and identify potential improvements for the future. This assessment aims to develop your self-awareness and reflective learning ability while assessing your understanding of the topics covered.
The assessment requires you to do the following:
1. Complete the The Gallup Strengths Survey,
2. Attend a coaching session with your Gallup Strengths Coach.
3. Write a reflective essay addressing a series of questions (listed below). Include a minimum of two academic references, cited using APA 6th edition style referencing.
Suggested guiding questions for Reflection - Gallup Talent Profile Survey
1. What did you learn about yourself from your Strengths survey and your coaching session with your Success Coach?
2. Are you surprised by any of your Top 5 talents? Why?
3. When you saw your Top 5 talents, was there one or more you immediately resonated with? Which one/s? Why?
4. How will the knowledge that you have learnt apply to your professional development?
5. Where do you think the greatest challenges for you will be for you to reach your career goals, and what Talent from your Top 5 could you draw on to assist you with this challenge?