How can HR professionals overcome resistance to training.
In today's scenario, it is one of the most important issue which is faced by every HR professionals. Before explaining about the ways to overcome resistance to training there is need to explain about training , change and resistance.
Training: - Training is basically an act or process of upliftment of knowledge.
Change: - Change is basically an act or a process through which something becomes different.
Resistance: - Resistance is basically defined as an act or power of refusing or opposing.
It is an age old phenomenon that change and resistance both are two sides of same coin because when there is change there must be a resistance. It is one of the major problems faced by organization nowadays. People resist to change due to various reason like they are in comfort zone and they don't want to come out from comfort zone. For example:- when computer was initiated in bank then that time also employee resist because they are habituated in manual way of working and they don't do want to learn computer and they don't want to out from comfort zone. But there is also a positive thing in resistance and it is the interest. It means whether people oppose it but they are interested in this because then only they focus on this things but they react negatively is not a big deal because there "No" will replace by "YES" soon.
Now we come toward our main concern that how can an HR professionals overcome resistance to training.
HR professionals plays very important role. HR professionals acts as a facilitator and communicator for the organization, has to take employee in confidence. HR professional try to convince employee by explaining them about the benefits of training, needs of training etc. HR has to do all about convincing the employee by showing them the positive aspects of training like this training is beneficial for their own carrer growth and upliftment. HR make them understand that it helps in improving their job performance and which is directly related to their appraisals and so an.
Apart from these there are some pointwise explanations in crystal clear words about the ways so that HR professional can overcome such resistance issues:-
- Clear Cut Plans: - It is one of the most important way through which HR can overcome such resistance. It means that HR should communicate clearly about the schedule of training.
- Output: - It is also one of the most important ways through which HR can overcome such resistance. Output is basically related to result. It means end output has to be targeted by both trainer and trainee.
- Reason:- It is also one of the most important ways through which HR can overcome such resistance. Reason for launching the training programme. It means why training programme is conducted is must be known by each and every employee.
- Interest: - It is also one o0f the most important ways to overcome such resistance. HR has to build immense interest about the training programme. It is so because if trainees are interested in training programme then already they want to participate with their own interest and they don't resist .
- Be a learner:- It is also one of the most important ways to overcome such resistance. As we know that learning is a continuous process and every person must be an active learner always because there is always something to learn. So, HR tries to convert employee in to a learner than a digester of information.
Apart from these points there is some other way also. If we take an example of teacher then in this case teacher should overcome resistance of training by making them realize that this training helps them to teach in a better way to their students.
All following are the explanations of the ways with example through which HR professionals overcome resistance to training.